Here, we will provide a curated list of resources and tools that can help educators leverage AI in education.
During this specialized module, we would like you to select two or three AI tools or resources and spend at least 10 minutes exploring them. We strongly recommend that you prioritize exploring ChatGPT, the powerful AI tool that is the source of the recent AI boom.
Education-related AI Platforms
Discover the top AI tools for educators, including ChatGPT and other AI-powered education platforms.
ChatGPT by OpenAI: A powerful AI language model for generating human-like text.
The role-play feature is designed to allow students to practice real-life conversations with the characters in the application
Khan Academy intends to use artificial intelligence as a learning and teaching aid
AI Aools to Support the Teaching and Learning Process
AI tools for different stages of teaching and learning can be very effective in improving efficiency and further advancing educational equity.
- Jenni AI: Jenni is an AI assistant that helps you write content. It strives to generate content that is 100% plagiarism-free. However, occasionally there may be sentences that Jenni writes that also happen to be on the web. Jenni has a built-in plagiarism checker allowing you to check your final document before exporting.
- Notion AI: NotionAI is an AI-powered writing assistant that helps you write better and faster. It provides suggestions for grammar, spelling, and style improvements.
- Gamma.app: Gamma.app is an online application that utilizes AI to assist you in the creation or enhancement of PowerPoint presentations.
- Lessonplans.ai: Lessonplans.ai is an AI-powered platform that helps teachers create lesson plans quickly and easily. It provides suggestions for activities, assessments, and resources based on the subject matter and grade level.
- Cognii: Cognii is an AI-powered platform that provides personalized learning solutions for students. It uses natural language processing (NLP) to understand student responses and provide feedback in real-time.
Research Articles and Publications
Access the latest research and insights on AI’s role in education.
- Baidoo-Anu, D., & Owusu Ansah, L. (2023). Education in the Era of Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI): Understanding the Potential Benefits of ChatGPT in Promoting Teaching and Learning. SSRN Electronic Journal. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4337484
- Holmes, W., Bialik, M., & Fadel, C. (2023). Artificial intelligence in education. Data Ethics : Building Trust : How Digital Technologies Can Serve Humanity, 621–653. https://doi.org/10.58863/20.500.12424/4276068
- Kasneci, E., Sessler, K., Küchemann, S., Bannert, M., Dementieva, D., Fischer, F., Gasser, U., Groh, G., Günnemann, S., Hüllermeier, E., Krusche, S., Kutyniok, G., Michaeli, T., Nerdel, C., Pfeffer, J., Poquet, O., Sailer, M., Schmidt, A., Seidel, T., & Stadler, M. (2023). ChatGPT for good? On opportunities and challenges of large language models for education. Learning and Individual Differences, 103, 102274. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lindif.2023.102274
- Mhlanga, D. (2023). Open AI in Education, the Responsible and Ethical Use of ChatGPT Towards Lifelong Learning. SSRN Electronic Journal. https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4354422
Community Forums and Networks
Connect with other educators and experts in the field of AI and education.
- AI for K-12 (AI4K12): An initiative to develop guidelines for teaching AI in K-12 education.
- TeachAI: A global community of educators, researchers, and technologists focused on AI in education.